What makes our city unique?
By completing this activity, you will be able to focus on the positive civic events that make my town unique, to cherish the elements of your city/community, which make you feel a strong sense of belonging. You will experience the meaning of civic identity and civic pride.
What will I learn?
- Digital Communication
- Teamwork & Interpersonal skills
What will I need?
- Internet connection; online platform to submit their choices and answers.
- If the activity is performed face-to-face in a seminar room participants can present their answers and discuss them in groups or in plenary with the help of a facilitator.
- Make use of the links provided, exercise sheets, google form questionnaire, online platform/forum.
- Think about the similarities you had in your answers with your fellow citizens. Why do you think you may have similar choices and share common emotions or beliefs?
“Belonging in a community/city is about sharing common memories, emotions, beliefs with other people. It’s about being members of a larger group, be it community, a neighbourhood, or a city, that share similar or common experiences, cherish common things, share common backgrounds. Civic Pride is about active engagement in various types of social and civic activities, promoting the development and the wellbeing of a community and its members”.